Bantoo Sehgal MD
Bantoo Sehgal, M.D. is a Board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon who is Fellowship-trained in Sports Medicine - specializing in conditions of the hips, knees, and shoulders. Dr. Sehgal's focus is joint preservation and minimally invasive orthopedic surgery. He dedicated a year of training to research and is published in distinguished medical journals. Dr. Sehgal regularly presents his research at prestigious industry events. He is an active member of several medical associations and strives to help patients of all ages return to the quality of life that they deserve.
"As a child, I was often sick and in and out of the hospital. I really admired the hard work and dedication of the physicians who cared for me. These experiences inspired me to follow a career into healthcare. I see medicine, particularly orthopedics, as one of the few professions that allows patients to regain their quality of life. I chose my sub-specialty in sports medicine because it allows me to further integrate my love for technology and use it to perform cutting-edge minimally invasive procedures."
Dr. Sehgal graduated from medical school at Ross University School of Medicine after which he spent time at the prestigious New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases performing clinical research in orthopedics. He then completed both an internship and his residency in orthopedic surgery at New York Medical College - St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan in New York City. Dr. Sehgal then spent an additional year of training obtaining his sports medicine fellowship at Kaiser Permanente Orange County in Irvine, California and currently holds a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopedic Sports Medicine (CAQ). This is achieved only by surgeons who have demonstrated qualifications in sports medicine beyond those expected of other orthopedic surgeons by virtue of additional training, a practice characterized by a majority of cases in sports medicine and contributions to the field.
Dr. Sehgal implements the latest advancements in medicine and technology into his practice and enjoys utilizing the most innovative techniques to treat conditions of the hip, knee, and shoulder. He was an understudy with an internationally renowned hip arthroscopist and has published studies for the treatment of FAI (femoroacetabular impingment). He is an expert in ACL reconstruction and well adept in multiple surgical techniques catered for each patient. He is passionate about joint preservation and is trained in advanced cartilage restoration procedures as well as stem cell treatment.
Dr. Sehgal has performed hundreds of arthroscopic rotator cuff repair surgeries and patient specific joint replacement surgeries. He has extensive training in the direct anterior approach hip replacement surgery to offer his patients a minimally invasive option to the traditional hip replacement and a faster recovery. Throughout his years in practice he routinely attends specialty training with industry leaders to stay in the forefront of his specialty and stays active in his medical associations.
With expertise serving a wide range of patients that include young elite athletes, professional adult athletes, laborers, weekend worriers and elderly patients, Dr. Sehgal is well trained to find the treatment plan that is right for you. He enjoys the challenges and uniqueness that orthopedics often present. He strives to encourage faster recoveries so patients can return to the activities and sports that they love and restore their quality of life.
- Graduated from medical school at Ross University School of Medicine
- Completed a research year at New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Completed both internship and orthopedic surgery residency at New York Medical College - St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan in New York City, New York
- Completed a sports medicine fellowship at Kaiser Permanente Orange County in Irvine, California
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Holds a Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member of the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA), the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), and the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- In his free time, Dr. Sehgal enjoys traveling, experiencing new places and cultures, hiking, biking, snowboarding, computers, technology and spending time with his wife and children.